VP,Finance - Leading PERE
Global leading investment management company
Foreign Working Style
About Our Client
Leading commercial real estate services and investment company, now has a new RMB fund in shanghai.
1. Responsible for oversight and performance of varied areas of financial reporting and analysis including one or all of the following: financial reporting, account reconciliations, standard monthly management reporting and variance analyses, cash flow, assisting in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning (gathers data for budgeting & forecasting processes); intercompany reconciliation.
2. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Reviews transactions from subsystem to ensure data accurately passed through the various tables and sub ledgers.
3. Responsible for local tax and accounting compliance -- preparation and coordination of preparation of annual accounts, monthly VAT statements, annual tax returns, coordination of external advisors, e.g. tax advisors and auditors.
4. Includes review and coordination of financial analysis across different departments/teams in support of Finance management.
5. Conducts other special financial and business studies and other duties as assigned by management.
6. Supports production of fund financial statements and other required financial information including but not limited to investor funded and unfunded commitments, asset accrual methodology and output. May maintain shareholder/investor registries. Supports preparation of periodic financial statements and assists with audit and tax preparation and audit review. Performs budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities. Assist in designing and preparing client presentations relating to the fund. Completes in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Monitors, compiles and may analyze financial data. Assists detailed review of monthly property level reports.
8. Supports the daily activities of the treasury, cash management and accounting function of the fund/portfolio. Posts journal entries and money movement transactions. Ensures all fund transactions are properly posted to accounting system. Prepares and reconciles trial balances for assigned funds. May support preparation of investment and positions reconciliations and reconciliation of cash balances. May perform periodic asset payment, cash and corporate action reconciliations.
9. Supports senior team members in the management of risk and compliance activities.
10. Prepares, analyzes and reviews periodic NAV calculations.
11. May be a contact point for investors. Feeds data for client presentations on financials. Supports preparation of investor capital call/distribution notices. Supports preparation of IRR and performance reporting models.
12. Executes on processes and procedures, and constantly provides feedback on process improvement. Performs administrative tasks as required. Troubleshoots escalated issues and ensures internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
2. Appropriate professional accounting, finance and/or AMAC qualification, or working towards this/these
3. At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably with an exposure in public accounting with Big 4
4. Prior experience in fund level accounting preferred with real estate accounting or fund accounting software systems
5. Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and PRC GAAP
6. Good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc)
7. Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired (particularly HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials, Cognos TM1, OneSource, or equivalent)
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
What's on Offer
1. Leading PERE
2. Stable Platform
3. Work Life Balance