VP Supply Chain
Global remit with end-end responsibility
Working for a best practice organisation
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's most recognisable brands and has built a reputation of quality especially within the Apparel, Footwear and Accessories market. With a global network, they are growing rapidly in the Asia region and hence the need for this very senior position in the business.
As the VP Supply Chain, you will be dealing with multiple teams including Purchasing, Warehousing, Distribution and Order Fulfilment. Managing a team of 200+, you will be working closely with the Sourcing function to enable seamless transition from factory to customer. Details include:
* management of their own Warehousing network across Greater China; ensuring that these are working at maximum efficiency and that areas such as stock control are in line.
* working on their Asia Distribution network understanding the strategy and how the different areas are tied together.
* managing the Asia purchasing team, looking at best price as well as ensuring exceptional quality and working closely with the sourcing teams on strategy as well as quality.
* responsibility for the global logistics and managing the relationships with these global suppliers.
* ensuring all routes to market are catered for from traditional retail through to ecommerce.
* developing and growing the team around order fulfilment and setting out clear targets across the whole of the supply chain team. You will also be heavily involved in the S&OP.
You will be the key in linking all of the parts in the supply chain and enusring that the team are growing and developing.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be an expert across all aspects of the supply chain; able to come up with a high level strategy but also ensure that this is implemented by the entire team. You will have worked on global projects and have been a key decision maker in your current and previous companies. Key requirements are:
* background of working in Consumer FMCG or Retail supply chain. You will have worked in a dynamic and rapidly changing business model and be able to make these changes as necessary with little impact to the end customer.
* experience of working on large volumes ideally within a fast fashion type model. The organisation in Asia is already significant and growing every day.
* having worked for a best practice supply chain company where you have worked as part of a global team. You will be managed large teams in the past and be able to show significant achievements in terms of growing talent in the business.
* experience of Purchasing, Logistics, Warehousing, Distribution and Planning with an ability to tie these areas together.
* experience in working for a sporting brand will be desirable.
You will be a highly dynamic, passionate and driven individual with the ability to really influence stakeholders at all levels in a company. You will be a strong leader and able to communicate highly complex ideas and solutions in a concise manner.
What's on Offer
Working for a truly global brand where the opportunities to progress are huge.