VP Financial Institutions Sales
Newly Created Role
Fast Tracked Career Progession
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international investment bank.
The successful candidate will be responsible contribution to overall Financial Institutions
revenues in HK in 2 main revenue streams:
Direct coverage for FI's based China East and Hong Kong to drive new revenues covering the
bank relationships at both head office as well and branch level. Develop and manage relationships with new and existing FI customers in China and Hong Kong, but also drive revenues by providing quality trade and cash solutions.
Drive revenues from Group trade flows to entail supplier marketing and management. Work closely with the regional and global teams to further increase revenue.
Involve in the business development of cross border trade and payment products such as
guarantees, letters of credit, LC financing, treasury and commercial payments, etc.
2. Drive new revenues in the market while maintaining acceptable returns on risk.
3. Identify and interpret the market drivers to source new opportunities.
4. Maintain and build relationships with banks, at both head office and branch level, and suppliers
for new business.
5. Manage risk distribution - buy and sell on the secondary market.
6. Business potential analysis, pricing and service negotiation.
7. Perform risk analysis, prepare and recommend credit proposals for approvals.
8. Work proactively with product teams to cross sell products and services.
9. Fosters a "Risk and Compliance" culture and ensures all legal and regulatory requirements for
products and services are met
The Successful Applicant
1. Graduate / post graduate. MBA from a reputable institute a plus
2. Minimum 8-10 years' banking experience in a global financial institution as well as in financial
institutions as a client segment
3. Deep knowledge of trade and cash solutions including:
a. Traditional trade products such as letters of credit, reimbursement, import and export
b. Open account solutions
c. Various trade finance and loan instruments
d. Cash and clearing products
4. Relationship and network at all levels with both the bank's head offices and branches
5. Strategic planning and results driven
6. Strong credit analytical skills is a must
7. Ability to work and make decisions independently but a team player with who is adaptable with
good sales, coordination and communications skills
8. Proficiency in English and Putonghua is a must
9. Flexibility to travel with occasional international travel
What's on Offer
1) Flexible work hours
2) High Potentials can be fast tracked