Technical Operations Director
Join as a key member of senior management team with business ownership
Diverse career development opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a Hong Kong based company with a wholly-owned small to mid size factory in Guangzhou, China (around 100 staff) and a design office in London, UK.
Their design and manufacture very precise, high-quality small metal accessories for the European Fashion Industry; recently, diversifying into the design and manufacture of luxury pens. Customers include Hugo Boss, Burberry, Dunhill and Montblanc.
The company has also developed its own brand of female fashion jewelry, Lowndes London, sold globally but specifically targeting a luxury niche within the China Market. Main processes within the factory include, tool-making, CNC milling and turning, EDM, stamping, assembly and polishing.
* Managing and co-ordinating all Engineering, R&D and New Product Development: Liaising closely with both the UK Design team and the China-based Engineers
* Managing Process selection and costing to meet client targets
* Working closely with the Quality Control team on testing requirements
* Overseeing test production, process implementation and control as well as co-ordinating the swift resolution of any issues that arise in production
* Overall management of the Engineering team
The Successful Applicant
* Engineering Degree (BSME or higher, preferred)
* At least 8 - 10 years experience in industry:
o preferably with at least 2 years in China
o preferably in a mechanical engineering field
o preferably with direct CNC experience
* Experienced in 3D software (preferably Solid Works, Pro E or similar)
What's on Offer
* Join as a key member of senior management team with business ownership
* Diverse career development opportunity