Supply Chain Manager
Good Career Path
About Our Client
a leading provider of specialty technical instruments, appliances, equipment and supplies to industrial, bioscience, academic and governmental customers around the world. Our proprietary product lines include fluid-handling systems and instruments, which are important components of scientific research.
- Department management:
- Define the supply chain strategy and drive the implementation that fulfills internal/external customer expectation, cost drivers, and business priorities.
- Daily work management for supply chain team. Process optimization in reliable & efficient manner, subordinate coaching and development.
- Act as a Key Liaison and maintain effective communications between other BU's and internal team to efficiently implement and execute business activities.
- Identify, justify, and implement Continuous Improvement Process opportunities in all areas of the Supply Chain processes;
- Define and disclose to internal team members and other departments all procedural updates and improvements on common activities.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to individuals who directly and indirectly play a role in strategy creation/ implementation
- Planning management:
- Maintain a reliable operational planning to profitably meet customer requirements, drive continuous improvement for customer service (higher fill rates and shorter lead times), and maximize availability while achieving lower targeted inventories.
- Steer the sales teams with regards to slow moving and obsolete stock
- Manage replenishment strategy to local stock points to maximize customer service
- Manage potential availability issues and product allocation
- Review forecast accuracy as input for future planning improvements
- Sourcing & Purchasing management:
- Develop and implement sourcing and purchasing strategy. Lead the supply chain team to understand the purchase requisition, source and select the appropriate suppliers to meet the company's purchasing demands for the quality, price, delivery, service, working capital etc.
- Identify global opportunities for increasing spend and productivity savings through utilization of suppliers in China.
- Organize to carry out cost/risk evaluation and analysis of key suppliers on an on-going basis including performance metrics, contractual fulfillment, supplier balanced scorecard, quality certifications, compliance.
- Work very closely with quality department for supplier identification, selection, development and management to meet business requirement.
- Logistic & Warehouse management:
- Manage or coordinate with internal team to link the planning, supply and logistics/transportation into a seamless efficiency.
- Manage warehouse and logistic to ensure shipment arrive and ship on time
- Manage to implement the economical and efficient management of transports in compliance with distribution and customs rules policies, monitoring the progress, cost and results.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and government regulations as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree with experience in logistics, supply chain management or business. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired, but not required. Lean Six Sigma training a plus.
- Professional knowledge on the whole supply chain, good understanding of the requirements of management. Proven history of implementing continuous improvement initiatives in a supply chain environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP system (Infor is preferred), MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Good communication skills and highly motivated, able to work under pressure and multi-task management. Flexible in handling complex tasks and team player
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to solve problems independently or through partnering with others; Team-oriented attitude.
- Capability for analysis and synthesis approach to problem solving, planning, organization, control, decision-making skills, results orientation.
- Good command of oral and writing in English
- Strong business acumen
What's on Offer
Good Career Path