Sales Director - Shanghai
Senior level management role in a fast-growing domestic chemical company
The chance to contribute to new business development with ambitious expansion
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established chemical/personal care domestic company that has rich history of research and development on high-end locally produced bee ingredients. Their products and services are used in areas such as Personal Care, Home Care, Health Care, Nutrition, and pharmaceutical industry with solid existing key accounts and client relationship in this sector.
To further penetrate their business footprints in China market, they are now seeking for a Sales Director to lead strategic development for their business nationwide based in Shanghai combined with their manufacturing site in central China. This is an opportunity to put your finger print in a fast-growing organisation with strong technical know-how as well as develop your career with passion and ambition in Personal Care industry.
- Establish performance and productivity goals which are aggressive, real and tied to overall company strategy and goals set clear and defined targets to respective channels and ensure they meet the organisational budgets;
- Understand the competitor's strategy and suggest counter strategies or other innovations to fight competition to protect leadership in the industry;
- Lead sales teams and distributors to build and enhance customer relationships to maximise customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as develop new business and industrial solution including executes the country commercial strategy in achieving business outcomes;
- Establish and identify the commercial market in Shanghai through market research, network building, competitor analysis, identifying potential and ensuring the successful project execution through our predefined process and structure;
- Achieve all financial, product volume, revenue and expense control goals and objectives;
- Integrate and collaborate with customer service, supply chain, logistics, technical/operations to optimise our asset, delivering high sale performance;
- Timely preparation and submission of relevant commercial reports;
- Monitor with high level of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales planning efforts and coordinate demand and supply activities with other capabilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven sales ability to confidently enter new markets or develop new business with solid track record as well as a deep understanding of whole value chain solution. Preferably in personal care ingredients, home care ingredients, specialty chemical ingredients related industry(Minimal of 5-10 years);
- Bachelor degree in chemical and medical related disciplines. Master degree would be a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at various levels of organisation;
- Fluent in English and Chinese with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong people leadership and customer orientation;
- Team player with ability to work under limited supervision;
- Shows passion to understand and grow our business with high sense of urgency in attending to customer's needs;
- Demonstrate high regard for integrity and ethical behaviour;
- Flair for details, analytically and result orientated with good problem solving skills and critical thinking;
- Frequent travelling.
What's on Offer
- Chance to develop the business at great speed and the remit to grow with an existing mature team as well as the space to further expand current team;
- Opportunity to build up a new business in a multinational region with varied client portfolio and diversity;
- Enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily with strong growth potential;
- Attractive remuneration salary.