About Our Client
Our client is a leading company in the thermoadhesive polyurethane industry, mainly operating in the Sportswear and Footwear Sectors.
Company structures its business through the Italian unit, FRAMIS ITALIA, the historical site of production, R&D and sales, the Hong Kong unit, FRAMIS ITALIA HK, created in 2008 to manage the Asian market, and the US unit, FRAMIS ITALIA USA, created in 2016 to consolidate the international presence.
The resource, reporting directly to the CEO, will take care of the following functions:
* He/She manages integrated development projects (chemical, mechanical and application) and application solutions in accordance with customer requests and specifications
* Manages the team, optimizing available resources and developing skills and talents
* Coordinates Quality Control, R&D and Blending
* Promotes the development of a chemical and mechanical expertise to guarantee integrated innovative solutions to the market.
* Facilitates connections with other company functions involved in each client's project and in industrial innovation projects
* Creates and nurtures relationships with external bodies and institutions with the aim of expanding and consolidating relationships for the development of new ideas and new products
* Supports colleagues from commercial Area in the interface with the customers both in the phase of study of the solutions and in case of claims
* Provides assistance and training to the Hong-Kong office (about 20 people)
* Responsible for safety for his area of competence. He/She has powers regarding damage prevention, safety and hygiene in the workplace to be applied for the best pursuit of corporate objectives and for the most punctual compliance with the rules in force.
*Responsible for COMPLIANCE, intended as regulatory compliance and certification (Reach and RSL) of the products.
The Successful Applicant
Essential requirements are considered:
* Master Degree preferably in Sciences or Materials Engineering (or possibly Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry / Chemical Engineering)
* Ten-year experience in R&D and at least 5 years in managerial roles
* Specific background in Polymeric Materials, Plastic and polyurethane
*Experience in structured and international companies
* Budget management experience
* Public tender / financing management experience
*Fluency in English
* Ability to capture inputs from outside to bring them back to the company by integrating them and building a clear vision
* Openness and flexibility
What's on Offer
Salary and contract will be discussed during the interview
Place of work: Gaggiano (MI)