R&D Director - Hydrogen Fuel Powertrain
Opportunity to work within one of the rising NEV OEMs at top management level
Strong competitiveness and fast prosperity in the industry
About Our Client
Our client is one of the rising OEMs of new energy vehicles. It has already launched several models to the market, which grants it strong competitiveness in the industry. Its R&D centre is based in Shanghai.
- Set up and manage the hydrogen fuel cell department as the department leader
- Conduct the R&D activities from conceptualisation to industrialisation in line with the group's new energy road-map
- Lead DFMEA, PFMEA and SCCAF, as well as Control Plan if required, and train Teams.
- Co-lead development of and co-own fuel cell system Requirements & Specifications, Design Rules & Guides.
- Lead Design for Serviceability and Design for Recyclability to ensure fuel cell system design is serviceable and recyclable, and meet regulatory requirements on recycling.
- Lead fuel cell system complexity study, minimise complex features with inadequate manufacturing capability, standardise components, sub-assemblies and assemblies, and combine components to reduce assembly steps, quantity of parts and hardware.
- Design for ease of assembly with Error-Proofs, design for automation, incorporate efficient fastening/joining methods, and deploy Modular Design.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Teams to develop fuel cell system manufacturing and assembly methods simultaneously with fuel cell system design, and lead fuel cell system Feasibility Check & Sign-off.
The Successful Applicant
- Doctor or Master degree in Engineering.
- 5 years of Automotive Design and Release, >1 year Fuel Cell System preferred.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM Tools (e.g. SolidWorks), FMA Tools, Requirement Management Tools.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills.
What's on Offer
The total compensation package, including employee benefits, will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.