Quality Director - Apparel
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-national retailer, with sourcing operations all over the world. Regional head office is based in Hong Kong, and we are looking for an Executive Director of Quality to cover their Apparel and Footwear product range.
As the Head of Quality - Apparel, you will be responsible for:
- Formulating operational strategy to execute quality management policies in compliance with the jurisdictions in which we sell our products. Prior experience of working with mass market DDS retailers from USA, Europe and/ or ANZ will be highly regarded.
- Develop and drive implementation of strategic plans within Quality functions to deliver operational excellence in work processes and continuous improvement in products.
- Provide technical input and feedback to design, buying and sourcing teams to drive quality improvement in the end to end sourcing operations.
- Develop and manage operational budget to execute on defined strategic plans.
- Develop capability and capacity of supply base with a view towards increasing efficiencies and improving product quality.
- Develop an effective measure of Quality performance and strategies to improve the same over time.
- Develop and deliver management reporting in a timely manner.
- Define and deliver internal and external supplier training as appropriate.
- Define governance structure for and manage vendors approved for self-inspection, appointed third party service providers to execute on-going auditing, testing and inspection program
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10-years experience in a senior quality management role working for a global sourcing organization managing a business of similar size and complexity.
- Sound knowledge of the global Apparel and Footwear sourcing industry across Asia, including China, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Cambodia, etc.
- Solid understanding of Apparel costing, timelines, capacity and value chain processes from concept to delivery
- Good technical knowledge of apparel and footwear construction techniques and process.
- Good hands on experience and knowledge of Right First Time and Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- A working knowledge of RSL, MRSL, CAL Prop, CPSIA, Higgs index, ZDHC and other relevant sustainability programs.
- A working knowledge of apparel fit and development requirements, CAD, 3D applications.
- Senior experience in a Factory Operational environment advantageous.
- A working knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices and their application to productivity and manufacturing efficiency.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity with a leading retailer, to manage a function over 70+ heads. Executive role offering excellent package and benefits.