Operations Director Chemical Plant
Critial Role for a 4 year project in Tsing Yi
Reporting into the Project General Manager
About Our Client
Our client servces in three main service and utility areas traditionally managed by public authorities water management, waste management and energy services.
Plans, organizes, and coordinates operation activities for disposal of hazardous waste in
conformance to all levels of environmental regulations and the Company policies and
2. Manages and directs preparation of master work schedules to reflect treatment/disposal
capacities, available manpower, delivery dates of waste, etc., and assures coordination to
move processed waste outside the Company Waste & Non-Waste management facilities.
3. Develops and maintains methods of communication on schedule fulfillment, delays, and/or
changes in treatment operations.
4. Directs and supervises facility work force; sets priorities and assigns projects to facility
personnel, assuring effective use of employees to maximize daily/weekly output to meet
5. Coordinates with Maintenance Manager to ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe,
6. Establishes and/or monitors operation budgets and implements controls to keep expenditures
within previously approved budgetary limitations.
7. Coordinates and/or provides training programs to ensure a high level of skill and proficiency
among employees supervised and to conform with the Company health and safety guidelines
as well as all environmental regulations.
8. Responsible for meeting EMD goals.
9. Upgrades facility procedures and performance to optimum levels
10. Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports.
11. Evaluates personnel and makes recommendations for promotions and job re-assignments.
The Successful Applicant
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental.
2. Eight to ten (8-10) years minimum experience in chemical waste or chemical processing
industry with managerial and production operation required.
3. Working knowledge of chemical unit operations equipment, chemicals knowledge, and other
equipment common to waste disposal and handling.
4. Cantonese literacy; English fluency.
What's on Offer
On site 1 day a week