MD - Online Retail
Control of a brand new Business Unit in Asia
Rapidly expanding organisation with Global reach
About Our Client
My client is a Global Foodservices organisation with factories across China, US and UK employing over 1500 people in China alone. With huge clients in Retail and Fast Food businesses they are expanding into new markets using their exceptional brand. Thier main business is freshly prepared foods for large fastfood outlets as well as all the major supermarkets, ranging from pizzas right through to desserts.
As the MD of the Online Retail business, you will be responsible for developing and growing a brand new market for the company. The initial process will include understanding the current customer and product base and creating a strategy for the expansion into the online/ecommerce market. You will be building relationships with all of the major online companies and setting the commercial agreements on quantity and quality. Other key areas include:
* building an ecommerce team across China and Hong Kong, understanding where the key locations are and setting up a customer relationship team.
* working closely with the other senior leaders in Finance, Production, Supply Chain and Marketing, as well as the Country Leaders, to look at how the new markets are going to fit into the existing business model and which areas need to change.
* setting the strategy and targets for quantity and quality and agreeing all the different product lines and how they will be placed on the different platforms. Taking this information and developing the plans with the necessary internal Production and Supply Chain leaders.
* working with the existing offline customer base to look at how this new model can be integrated into their current requirements and see where expansion of existing relationships can be optimised.
Above all, you will be setting out the clear plan for what the new Business Unit can achieve and get the right talent in to ensure that this is a success. It will be extremely fast pased but immensely rewarding in an already established and well respected company.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a true business leader with a track record of developing businesses from scratch. Ideally coming from the Foodservices sector, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the online retail route to market and have existing, strong relationships with the key Chinese and Multinational online platforms. You will have extensive knowledge of the fresh food market and have deep understanding of the challenges faced in providing the necessary logistics and supply chain services. Other attributes include:
* overall business management. You will have had responsibility for all departments including Supply Chain, Production, Marketing, Sales and Finance and have ideally previously owned the P&L.
* track record of driving business growth within an established company; coming up with innovative solutions and products for customers and business partners.
* senior level stakeholder engagement skills; you will be dealing with the most influential people in the business and will need to come up with collaborative plans that tie in with the existing business model as well as growing the online function.
* have working knowledge of the different routes to market and how the online retail sector works. This will tie in with your extensive network within the ecommerce community and you will need to know how the customer drivers to really develop the right market dynamics.
You will be the key player in this business, reporting into the Regional Managing Director, and have the support to drive what is the company's biggest development area for years to come.
What's on Offer
Chance to develop your own business within a large, Global organisation who have great plans for expansion; the success of the business will be solely in your hands.