Manager - Wealth Management Compliance - Tier 1 Private Bank
About Our Client
Michael Page have been engaged by a Global Private Bank to recruit a Manager into their PWM Compliance department.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this is an exciting appointment to coincide with the continued growth of the division and wider APAC operations.
The role holder will provide advice
* Assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in implementing effective AML measures and controls in Hong Kong.
* Ensure that AML risk is mitigated through stringent quality control checks both at the client on-boarding stage and through continuous monitoring of conduct of accounts.
* Perform Know Your Client reviews, due diligence searches and account opening documentation checks pursuant to relevant regulatory requirements.
* Perform ongoing transaction monitoring and regular account reviews according to internal risk criteria.
* Identify and investigate any suspicious transactions so that escalation and reporting can be made to senior management and regulatory authorities
* Assist the team in carrying out regular and ad hoc surveillance tests over various regulated activities in Hong Kong.
* Provide advice to the business and senior management for all regulatory matters in relation to AML.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will hold the following experience;
*Minimum 7 years' experience in the legal or compliance function of a bank (preference in private banking or wealth management industry)
*Have knowledge of HKMA/SFC rules/regulations in Hong Kong
*Have prior working experience in AML, KYC, client on-boarding, account opening documentation review and ongoing transaction monitoring
*Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AML requirements and practices
*IT skills and relevant software proficiency
*Proficiency in English and Chinese, Mandarin speaking a plus
What's on Offer
In return, this is an exemplary opportunity to join a Tier 1 organisation. With a highly competitive salary and benefits scheme, this role will attract high interest. Please apply promptly with an up to date CV, or alternatively call Neil Mehaffey on +852 2848 9517.