Manager - Derivative services
High growth business
Great career path
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in Hong Kong and saw Double digit growth in 2019. Their offering is ever expanding for clients enabling the widest range of top tier products for their client base.
- Provide support for my client's responsibilities for adherence to global regulatory rules (e.g., Dodd-Frank in U.S., EMIR in Europe, SFC/HKMA in HK and MAS in Singapore) for Clearing, Risk Mitigation and Trade Reporting of derivatives. The support will include keeping up to date on drafted and published rules for multiple jurisdictions in Asia as well performing relevant analyses for impact of regulations.
- Provide advisory or analytical services to business units in the roll-out of new derivatives products or strategies in support of business objectives for General Fund and Third Party businesses.
- Ensure that the derivatives usage policies, key controls in derivatives operations, hedge accounting policy and documentation are followed.
- Provide support for derivatives valuations, implementation of derivatives and hedging strategies, and derivatives risk measures within insurance, asset management and wealth management product offerings.
- Fully understand business unit requirements, products and timelines. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research into the business models of assigned business units to formulate a clear picture of the business model and understand the linkage between the products, the liabilities incurred, and the supporting assets and derivatives, and the reasons for certain management strategies being employed.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and infrastructures exist to accommodate and support the entire life-cycle of derivatives products or analytics.
- Establish good working relationships with derivatives system support to generate workable solutions and resolve issues quickly.
- Process improvements of operational functions that are overly manual, time consuming, and/or risky by various methods including automation, off-shoring, or re-engineering. These activities are mainly focused on processes within ADS and generating information/reports useful to our internal clients and senior management.
- Assist from time to time in ad hoc analytic requests from business units, one-off issue resolution, or operational activities as the need arises.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant undergraduate education or advanced degree - Business Administration, Finance, Economics, MBA, etc.
- Professional designation - CA, CPA, CFA, PRM and/or FRM would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of investment operations/accounting experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in derivatives products.
- Working knowledge of exchange-traded and OTC derivatives and regulatory reforms in U.S. (i.e., Dodd-Frank), Europe and Asia for OTC derivatives, specifically the Clearing, Risk Mitigation and Trade Reporting of OTC derivatives.
- Sound fundamentals in understanding the valuation of interest rate, equity, FX, and credit derivatives and their sensitivities ("Greeks").
- Working knowledge of derivatives markets and pricing conventions in various global markets such as Asia, the U.S., and Europe.
- Knowledge in hedge accounting for derivatives under IFRS, U.S. GAAP or Japan GAAP would be an asset.
- Experience with Findur and/or an aptitude to grasp and use a new derivatives trading platform quickly, relatively independently and with depth.
- A capacity to frame and solve problems using sound reasoning, innovation and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently to deliver on commitments and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment business and technology environments.
- Strong communication, written and oral, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated experience building and retaining solid working relationships.
Comfortable and flexible with constantly evolving and changing priorities and open to new challenges
What's on Offer
The candidate will have a very competitive compensation package as well as great opportunity to grow and develop with the business whilst aiding the growth of the team from Hong Kong (their regional headquarters).