Legal Counsel For Asset Management
About Our Client
The first majority foreign-owned securities company in Mainland China, subsidiary of The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Greenfield entity with fast track access to China's securities industry
Cooperated seamlessly into the Group's overall business strategy and global network
* To provide legal advice, guidance and support to the IBCN businesses in relation to asset management products and trading activities in China (including without limitation on-exchange asset-backed securities, non-discretionary asset management products, structured and derivatives products and fixed income facilitation). The role will require specialist knowledge of and experience in the above businesses in the domestic market in China and preferably, experience in NAFMII and ISDA documentation and other cross border documentation too.
* To advise on and assist IBCN businesses in the review and negotiation of the relevant contractual and deal documentation and the relevant legal and regulatory issues.
* The role holder is also expected to provide other general legal advice under PRC law on matters and legal issues other than those relating to the above business lines, which can include, for example, data privacy issues etc.
* To keep IBCN templates and guidance notes up to date and assist in any other legal project work and initiatives.
* To advise, coordinate responses and, where applicable, supervise external counsel in relation to client transactions, as well as complaints and litigation affecting IBCN (if any).
* To manage legal, fiduciary and reputation risks in relation to IBCN businesses per IBCN policies and procedures and RCA requirements, as well as providing appropriate legal advice and recommendation to IBCN businesses and other functions on legal and regulatory developments affecting its businesses and operations in China.
* To assist the Head of Legal of IBCN in the management and operations of the department.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified PRC lawyer with substantial post qualification experience for at least 5 years in relation to asset management products and trading activities in China (including without limitation on-exchange asset-backed securities, non-discretionary asset management products, structured and derivatives products and fixed income facilitation). The role will require specialist knowledge of and experience in the above businesses in the domestic market in China and preferably, experience in NAFMII and ISDA documentation and other cross border documentation too.
Prior experience in major PRC law firms with securities practice and/or other securities joint venture companies and exposure to cross-border securities and asset backed, structured products and derivatives transactions are preferred.
Experienced and confident practitioner.
Up-to-date knowledge of developments in relation to own industry sector.
Fluency in English (especially in legal drafting) is preferred.
Handle a diverse range of legal issues (e.g. securities laws, companies laws, security taking and properties issues etc.).
Self-starter, independent with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
Excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
Lateral thinking/problem solving.
Stamina and ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
Ability to deal with highly confidential and commercially sensitive information with discretion.
Be willing to work in or be relocated to Shenzhen
What's on Offer
life and work balance
international working environment
top tier financial institution