Legal & Compliance Director - Hong Kong Listed Company
Reputable Hong Kong Listed Conglomerate
Greater China Exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable Hong Kong listed conglomerate with operation across manufacturing, retail and property sectors.
Due to fast business expansion, they are currently looking for a Legal and Compliance Director to lead the legal function.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Provide legal supports to all business units in Hong Kong and Overseas.
- provide daily legal advice relating to the areas in employment, employee compensation and personal injury, harassment, data privacy, trade descriptions, competition law, white collar crimes
- handle cases relating to Customs & Excise, Police and ICAC and all other government enforcement authorities
- manage litigation cases of the Group
- attend conferences with government officials
- draft and reviewing policies and manuals for the Company relating to issues of corporate governance
- provide business solutions to all different departments
- identify legal risks in the existing projects and to provide legal guidelines or directions in mitigating the legal and compliance risks and liabilities
- Handle corporate finance, M&A and commercial transactions
- Provide professional legal advice and solutions on transaction related legal matters
- Work with external counsel and other professional advisers
- responsible for hiring and training new staff in the legal department
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicant will possess the following quality and qualifications:
- 10 + years' PQE
- Listed company experience with PRC exposure are crucial
- Retail, fashion related industry knowledge is definitely an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Ability to work independently under pressure and tight deadlines.
- People oriented, self-driven and capable to communicate effectively with staffs at all levels.
- Motivated and proactive attitude are key
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to details, mature attitude and ability of multi-tasking skills are required.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to help set up the legal function and gain greater china exposure.