IT Director - Health Care sector
Key contributor to the company's strategy and planning process
Directly report to the CEO
About Our Client
Our client is a healthcare Management Company, partnering with world leading medical school they are introducing cutting-edge medical technlogy and management skills in consistent with its relentless pursuit of high quality.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap.
- Build strong relationship with chosen IT Vendors to implement the following as they relate to the overall Information Technology Strategy
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of all infrastructure and applications that support the hospital's operations
- Establish metrics for managing IT operations effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure these metrics are met.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Prepare policies & procedures and work instructions for the use of the Hospital Information Technology.
- Establish, monitor and manage service level agreements for all IT vendors, including periodic evaluation of their performance and ensuring their compliance to contracted service levels.
- Estabilish strategy and timeline for hospital to meet domestic and international hospital information and technology standard, such as HIMSS.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Implement the appropriate and effective IT organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners.
- Assume the duties of the Chief Information Security Officer, responsible for the hospital's compliance with all information security and governance regulations, and establish a comprehensive program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Hire, train, direct, supervise, and evaluate the Hospital Information Technology Department staff, in accordance with applicable employment laws and policies.
- Liaising with other healthcare organizations in building the Health Information Exchange Network.
- Serve on designated committees such as the Information Technology Advisory Committee, and others as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong team building, leadership and project management skills, preferably tohave led a team of 15 - 20 people.
- Able to communicate effectively in both English and Mandarin.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Innovative and visionary, able to plan and deploy IT system with the consideration from business perspective.
- Possesses solid knowledge in emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these in the service of the company's key goals
- Builder of strong technology vendor partnerships, and able to manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure the performance and financial return.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in working with Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience in the current hospital information systems and products used in the healthcare industry is highly desired
- Experience managing a large outsourcing partnership.
- Experience with HIMSS and JCI standard is preferred.
- Familiar with Chinese regulations related to hospital IT system.
What's on Offer
Reporting to the CEO, the Director or Information Technology is a key contributor to the company's strategy and planning process and will be responsible both for IT operations and for technology and digital innovation