Issues Management - Global Bank
Hong Kong Island
Newly Created Role
Global Foreign Bank
About Our Client
Globally recognised Bank
- As a member of the International Control team, you will identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types, coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
- Manage a portfolio of issues aligned to the region on behalf of the Regional Business Control Leader.
- Work closely with others to execute the Wholesale Issue Management program.
- The candidate will be expected to work closely with other senior leaders across IRM, International Control, and Regional Control Leaders and Audit.
- You will develop partnerships with many business and functional areas and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company's risk management execution/direction.
The Successful Applicant
- Preferably previous background in audit / compliance / practice with direct experience in issue management an advantage
- Develop a working knowledge of the Issues Management Policy, Procedures and related processes and controls.
- Establish cross-regional impact of issues via timely review of potential and actual issues initiated by regulators , Enterprise/Regional Testing teams
- Confident and able to collaborate and influence key stakeholders
- Provide oversight in tracking issues to closure and provide review and credible challenge to verbal and written updates/statements made related to each corrective action.
- Effectively complete pre-validation activities prior to the completion of corrective actions to ensure we have successfully completed the required work and addressed the issue and underlying root cause.
- Provide periodic concise/risk-focused written and verbal updates to senior and executive management for periodic reporting purposes.
What's on Offer
Strong career prospects