Head of Supply Chain
Reporting directly to the Managing Director
Opportunity to implement best in practice Digital Supply Chain
About Our Client
My client is a leading Shoe Manufacturer and Retailer with multiple brands underneath their holding company. With manufacturing across the Asia region, they are going organically but also through M&A activity. They have had excellent growth in the last few years and this position will be key to continuing that growth.
As the Head of Supply Chain, you will be key in developing and growing the relationships with the company's suppliers and creating reporting which can be used to understand the current performance and improve this for the future. You will be looking at all of the raw material purchasing and make sure that the right price and quality is assured. Managing a large team of Supply Chain professionals, you will be up-skilling this department and instilling best practice supply chain processes and looking at how this can be digitalised. Other responsibilities include:
* creating transparency on how the suppliers and supply chain are performing; creating a spreadsheet for huge volumes of shoes and using this information to grow the business.
* managing the overall SRM process and dealing with supply chain capacity planning as well as working out where the suppliers should be located in the APAC region.
* working alongside the Global Demand Planners in US and making sure that the US and APAC are aligned in capacity and demand.
* tracking the performance of all of the 100+ factories being used across the region. This will include working on the quality issues that the suppliers may be facing.
You will be working very closely with the project teams and connecting up multiple different areas of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally come from the Footwear or Apparel sector, dealing with all areas of the supply chain. You will have managed large teams and worked in high volume businesses and come from a best practice company. With great interpersonal skills, you will be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. Other attributes include:
* Experience in supplier and factory production planning, event tracking, analysis and procurement.
* ERP system understanding will be highly desired.
* Understanding the newest techniques and technologies in Digital Supply Chain, you will be able to sell this across the organisation in terms of benefits to the overall business.
* track record of coming up with strategies and implementing these across the team.
Above all, you will be able to come up with the overall goal of the supply chain function and drive this throughout the company including the US. Intelligent and very inquisitive, you will be able to conceptualise how to use technology to your advantage.
What's on Offer
The chance to grow and develop under an exceptional leader.