Head of Regulatory Compliance - Top Tier Bank
Reports to CE
About Our Client
Our client are a leading bank with major business in Commercial Banking, Retail, Wealth Management, Treasury Services and Private Banking.
- Provide leadership and risk stewardship to products, services and clients with robust Second Line of Defense.
- Lead the implementation of Group initiatives, workstreams and Regulatory Compliance Risk Assurance to ensure systems and controls are in place to manage current and emerging regulatory risks and business exposures.
- Continuously review appropriate framework to monitor regulatory compliance developments impacting the bank. Lead the implementation of programmes to quantify impacts of regulatory changes, and address the impacts on the business.
- Engage with Regulators and industry bodies in Hong Kong on Regulatory Compliance matters
- Proactively communicate with the business, partner with other Risk Stewards to develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes in the bank.
- Provide team leadership, drive change and align team effort with clear performance and behavioral expectations; create an open and inclusive culture for staff to perform at their best
- Provide leadership over all regulatory and compliance matters and the management of operational risks.
The Successful Applicant
- Track Record of stewardship of rules, regulations and statutory requirements in Regulatory Compliance and seasoned career in this area.
- Strategic focus as a leader with proven ability to lead change, mobilize team and stakeholders in delivery and execute for results.
- Robust challenge and support to the Business as Second Line of Defense, proactively identify risks, strong partnering with other Risk Stewards to develop solutions and address root cause of issues; provide strong oversight and governance.
- Seasoned judgment with broad perspectives (customers, strategic, operational, reputational etc) to manage complex issues and take proactive measures to protect the bank and support sustainable business growth
- Strong collaborative effort and stakeholders' engagement and communication at regional and global levels, influencing and managing regulators and key external relationships effectively.
- Strong people leadership in engaging and motivating team performance, creating an open and inclusive culture, and developing talents.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
What's on Offer
Board Level Exposure