- Newly Created Position
- To Develop and Manage Supplier Base in Asia
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned, Europe Headquartered company with an established history, offering a wide range of portfolio in the branded household appliances space, including world's top brands in some categories.
They are tracking good results and to further equip for a more ambitious growth target, they are now looking for an experienced Procurement Leader with solid track record in assessing, developing and managing a broad supplier base to join them as the region's first Procurement Head.
Reporting to the Region's CEO and functionally to the Group Purchasing Head in Europe HQ, you will support the development of the supply base necessary to meet the ambitious growth targets of the Group Business Units and to manage the supply base to maximise its contribution to the achievement of overall Group and Business objectives.
- Evaluation to ensure a detailed and ongoing understanding of the capabilities of the existing supply base.
- Development and maintenance of strong relationships with senior supplier personnel and internally with the various BU's heads.
- Work closely with different BU's to support product and technology road maps, to identify innovation and to fully leverage existing and new supplier opportunities.
- Review, develop and update the procurement policies and procedures.
- Support new product introduction to ensure delivery and cost targets are met.
- Identification of cost savings opportunities in conjunction with suppliers and the various Business Units.
- Ensuring each supplier has available capacity to meet the demand profile and understanding evolving lead time constraints.
- Implementation of effective audit and control processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and ethical standards.
- Drafting of Supplier Agreements and contributing to the creation of Group Procurement Strategy.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in supplier management especially assessing, developing and managing a supply base, ideally in the household appliances industry.
- Highly analytical with excellent negotiation ability
- A confident leader with first class communication skills and good fluent English as well as Chinese language skills (Mandarin and Cantonese) is a must
- Strong capability in relationship building
- Travelling in the region is required
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity for a Procurement leader with solid supplier management track record in the region, to join this growing European Company, and play a critical role in their global procurement strategy.