Head of Operations (Supply Chain)
Manage regional HK office
UK business with global operations
About Our Client
We are currently looking for a Head of Operations (APAC) for a rapidly expanding European brand, who specialises in the manufacturer of luxury infant and baby products. The role is based in Hong Kong, covering the management of the Hong Kong office and needs candidates from a strong supply chain background.
International Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Lead a team in ensuring a smooth supply chain of events from placement of customer orders to shipment of products; geographic coverage includes Asia Pacific, Oceania, USA, Canada, Middle East, Europe and South Africa
- Communicate effectively with vendors in production planning and shipment schedule, occasional travel to China is required
- Manage 2 distribution centres (Shanghai / Hong Kong) operated by third party logistics providers to meet agreed KPI; continuous improvement projects with Benchmark and Best Practice
- Work closely with international sales team, distributors, and head office for stock planning and control of the 2 DC
- Documentation and system support of the corporate's China office
- Performance Reports and Annual Budget to Head Office
Hong Kong Retail Responsibilities:
Oversee all aspects of the Brand's retail operations in Hong Kong; contribute to, implement and monitor local retail strategy to achieve both financial and non-financial targets, i.e. quantitative and qualitative
- Communicate and Liaise with China Office to ensure alignment of the Brand Positioning, Marketing and Pricing within Greater China Region
- Communicate with Head Office for global brand guidelines and all necessary marketing materials with local insights.
HR & Admin Responsibilities:
- Assuming all responsibilities for HR, Admin and Office management
- Liaise with Head office for all compensation and benefit matters, in particular annual salary review, bonus allocation, promotion recommendation and compensation packages.
- Knowledgeable with market trends and able to advice to Head Office on staff contract & office policy management as per applicable local laws, best / trending-up local practices and etc.
General Management Responsibilities:
- Report to Global COO.
- Responsible to achieve company operating profit in terms of sales amount vs overhead control, including International Distributor Sales and Hong Kong Retail
- Direct Functional Ownership: Supply Chain and Hong Kong Retail
- Indirect reporting line: Ensure operations and communication efficiency of HKG Office as Regional Role with staff from Sales, Accounting and Design
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates with a broad supply chain and general management background, ideally with exposure Retail and Manufacturing exposure. Hardline product ranges would be helpful but not a pre-requisite, but demonstrable experience managing an office, building a team and driving business strategy and setting a vision is essential.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well established, yet growing brand, especially in Asia. Our client is offering a competitive salary and bonus package and the chance to really build and expand their presence in Asia.