Head, Museum Security
Newly created position
An exciting new landmark in Hong Kong
About Our Client
The West Kowloon Cultural District, located on a dramatic harbour-front site in the heart of Hong Kong, is one of the largest cultural projects in the world, blending art, education and open space.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the security operations and all other aspects of security functions for M+ and Hong Kong Palace Museum (the Museums);
- Plan and develop the security policies and programmes for the Museums; develop standards and procedures, and oversee the implementation of museum safety measures and disaster preparedness programmes;
- Direct and manage the staff and operations of the security team to provide 24/7 protection and security services for all events, exhibits, and day-to-day operations in a manner which ensures the safety and security of the Museums, their property, staff, volunteers, visitors and works of art;
- Provide staff with professional advice and updates on the interpretation and application of security policies and procedures; oversee regular security drills and training sessions to educate staff and volunteers about security, safety, and disaster preparedness;
- Plan and direct a comprehensive, on-going training programme for all security personnel at the Museums; and
- Liaise with relevant departments/ authorities of the government and work closely with WKCDA District Security team on all security matters.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A recognised university degree or equivalent with at least 10 years of supervisory experience of managing the security function for large scale projects;
- The ability to work across a complex and diverse organisation with a variety of different stakeholders;
- Demonstrable experience of working and leading on security initiatives and in-depth knowledge of legislation and regulations in the field of security;
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the security industry with experience of designing and implementing security initiatives; and
- Fluency in both English and Chinese communication.
What's on Offer
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy contributing to one of the most exciting arts and culture developments in Hong Kong.
Please contact Mr. Yukkit Chan for further details on or before 22 December 2017. Applicants who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation about four weeks from the submission of an application.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.