Head of Merchandising and Buying
Excellent management opportunity
Reporting to the Managing Director
About Our Client
Our client is a luxury furniture brand known for their collections of contemporary designs and timeless home pieces. They are now seeking a talented Head of Merchandising/Buying to provide leadership and strategic merchandising direction to the team and business.
The selected individual will be expected to lead a team of 6 buyers and manage overall business strategies related to buying, merchandising and product assortment. This is a newly created role, reporting into the Managing Director based in Hong Kong. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the buying/merchandising team and work closely with the Managing Director to develop business plans and merchandising strategies
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of partners to ensure integration of business and product / merchandising plan to achieve company's targets or other relevant strategic goals
- Oversee full merchandising cycle from range building, forecasting, pricing, sell-in, distribution, inventory/warehouse management and store opening orders
- Build an effective Merchandising process that enhances brand value to the business and end consumers, and make recommendations to ensure competitiveness in the market
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with a strong appreciation for the home and lifestyle category. Additionally, you will possess:
- Degree holder in Business, Merchandising, Fashion or equivalent
- Min. 10 years' experience in a buying/merchandising function, 5 years' in a managerial capacity
- Strong knowledge of full merchandising life-cycle, ideally with furniture or home products or home decorations. Open to candidates with experience in accessories or apparel.
- Proven track record in product management, negotiations and influencing external vendors
- A strong team spirit, hands-on leader with the ability to multi-task, empower and lead
- Fluency in English is a must, open to candidates located outside of Hong Kong
What's on Offer
Our client offers a strong company culture and an excellent opportunity to work in a management level position. Competitive remuneration, kindly get in touch for more details.