Head of Legal & Company Secretary - HK Listed Prop Developer
Great work life balance
Hong Kong Listed Company
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned Hong Kong listed property developer. This is a newly created position to support their business growth.
The Head of Legal and Company Secretary is responsible for providing accurate and timely legal counsel and responsibility for a wide range of corporate and commercial legal matters and undertake the corporate administrative functions, listed below. The Head of Legal and Company Secretary will also act as the company secretary, preparing minutes for all Board and committee meetings and managing board and committee governance matters. They will work closely with the executive and senior leadership teams, gaining exposure to business operations and strategy development, business planning and execution, and corporate governance issues.
The Head of Legal and Company Secretary will:
- review agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's legal rights are protected
- provide guidance on the legal implications of the company's strategy and execution and legal risks of business operations
- prepare monthly Board meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- prepare Board meeting papers pertaining to governance matters
- ensure compliance with corporate regulatory matters
- undertake the company secretarial and records management function
- where appropriate, manage the companys litigation matters
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified lawyer with 8+ PQE
* Acting with Honesty and Integrity - being open, self-reflective and trusted; role-modelling and championing a positive and collaborative culture
* Self-Management - seeing problems as opportunities; have a high level of initiative; be goal oriented; and take accountability of your work outputs and actions.
* Goal Oriented - seek to understand and personally contribute to the mission and future direction of the company; translate the organisational strategy into practical initiatives and solutions; be creative and innovative in achieving the goals of the organisation.
* Collaborative - enjoy being mentored and mentoring others; being a team player; empowering others through both formal and informal channels.
THe successful candidate will have:
* Minimum of 8 years' experience as a corporate or commercial lawyer in a major law firm and/or commercial in-house environment
* Experience in property industry beneficial but not essential to performing this role
* Company secretarial and legal - contemporary knowledge in meeting procedures, creating and setting agendas and drafting minutes
* Familiar with Hong Kong listing rules and company ordinance
* Ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders - both internally and externally
* Strong commercial and business acumen
* Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively on legal matters applying a commercial perspective
What's on Offer
A competitive offer with good work life balance in a stable environment will be offered to the right candidate.