Head, Development, Performing Arts
Corporate sponsorship and donations
Passion for arts and culture
About Our Client
The West Kowloon Cultural District, located on a dramatic harbour-front site in the heart of Hong Kong, is one of the largest cultural projects in the world, blending art, education and open space, and a place to create, produce, learn, perform and celebrate all forms of performing arts. Our aims are to:
- present outstanding and imaginative performances and festivals across all art forms from Hong Kong and around the world, including xiqu, music, dance and theatre
- inspire our audiences by making our site a place where people of all ages are welcomed, entertained and educated
- provide space both physically and artistically, for performing artists to explore, experiment, create and collaborate
- nurture local talents and stimulate their passion for growth
Coming at a transformational stage in the development of the WKCDA organisation, this post offers the opportunity for an exceptional fundraiser to make their mark. The development team is critical in enabling the performing arts department to realise our ambitions, and setting new standards in best in class sponsorship and fundraising initiatives.
This role offers a combination of relationship selling and people management and the chance to be part of an inspirational start-up team across Xiqu Centre, Freespace, and Lyric Theatre Complex.
Reporting to the Director, Development, you will be responsible for relationship selling and management of a team focussed on securing major gift donation and high level corporate sponsorship agreements for the new venues.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an exceptional professional with expertise and proven success in relationship selling, and people management. You will need creativity, a genuine passion for arts and culture, open mindedness, desire to be part of a start-up team setting new standards for performing arts philanthropy globally, and possess:
- A recognised university degree in marketing, communications, business or equivalent;
- At least 10 years' relevant working experience, preferably in arts institutions or other large organisations;
- A strong network of contacts across Hong Kong and Mainland China with a proven track record of success securing major gift donations and corporate sponsorship agreements;
- Experience of capital and revenue fundraising and major donor skills, ideally with experience of securing large-scale gifts;
- Thorough understanding of best practice in prospect research, cultivation and solicitation;
- Outstanding presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and good at prioritising, managing reactive work, balancing multiple requirements and adapting to unexpected situations, and strong attention to detail;
- Ability of managing budgets, and experience of using fundraising databases would be an advantage; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
- Be part of this inspirational, and transformational project with WKCDA