Global Sourcing Director (Foreign Sourcing Office)
Lead overall Sourcing Function in a fast growing company strategicly and operat
Competitive benefits is provided
About Our Client
A Foreign Houseware Company with fast increment recently. Stable and diverse career development is provided within the company.
This role will serve as the bridge to connect Asia and Europe based vendors with our Foreign Sourcing, Purchasing and Marketing teams.
- Lead a team of Sourcing Coordinators who each have past experience in sourcing out of China and other Asia countries.
- Lead sourcing initiatives into new non-China regions to extend and grow resources.
- Ability to lead a team, but also directly source and find product in key high-performance categories upon request.
- Develop, shape and execute product category strategies, both short-term and long-term
- Lead negotiations with key strategic suppliers, pricing, cost control and other cost saving strategies ensuring optimal purchasing terms.
- Understanding specific production methods of hardline products, especially plastic injection molding, metal stamping and fabrication.
- Solid knowledge of basic raw materials for consumer products, as in different plastics and other polymers, metals, finishes and coatings, among others.
- Past direct sourcing experience with softline products like soft storage items, bathmats/rugs, shower curtains is a must.
The Successful Applicant
This is a key position within the Asia Global Sourcing Team and requires someone with a best-in-class procurement and sourcing background, strong communication skills and understanding of the functions of a global supply chain.
- 8+ years of experience in a world-class global sourcing function
- MUST have past experience sourcing houseware or consumer products for global markets.
- Previous work experience for or with a large international houseware company such as IKEA, Walmart, Tesco is a plus.
- China, plus Non-China past sourcing experience is required examples India, SE Asia, Eastern Europe
- Establish strategic sourcing strategies based on the demand from customers as well as supply chain needs
- Past success on cost reduction initiatives while still maintaining quality and on time delivery standards.
- Proven leadership with team management and ability to drive and motivate an organisation.
- Experience creating and executing sourcing for specific product categories and materials.
- Ability to be strategic and hands-on
- ERP/MRP past experience
- Travel 30% of time, both domestic China and internationally
Hong Kong candidate is highly preferred
What's on Offer
- Lead overall Sourcing Function in a fast growing company strategicly and operationally
- Competitive benefits is provided