P&L Responsibility for the Consumer Business
Growing part of a Global Organisation
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's largest businesses within the pharmaceutical sector with operations globally. With different BUs in Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical Products and Consumer Products, they have developed world-class manufacturing with over 100 sites globally.
As the General manager in Shanghai, you will be responsible for for the entire P&L for the Consumer Business, dealing with all of the product lines manufactured in China. With 1000's of SKUs, you will need to quickly assess the business across all areas including Sales, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
As the General Manager in Shanghai, you will be responsible for the P&L and all of the departments within the business. With a huge turnover and large team, you will be tasked with growing the revenue in the BU and looking at new markets and areas of expansion. Looking after the Finance, Sales, HR and all of the operations, one major responsibility will be to look at the current structure of the business, identify key areas and recruit the right people into the organisation. You will have complete autonomy to make decisions and drive the business forwards in the way you see fit. Other responsibilities include:
* looking at the entire product range within their Consumer Division and identifying which areas need to be marketed in different ways as well as understanding what products to add to the current range.
* identifying the right sales channels and putting in place the right sales teams to drive revenue forwards.
* management of the very complex Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operations to ensure that the products are delivered on time and that there are no stock issues from a warehousing perspective. This will also include all of the procurement of packaging and raw materials, getting the best possible price to maximise profit.
Above all you will be tasked with creating a great culture and maximise the potential of the whole team. This is one of the companies key strategic business units and so there will be a lot of interest in ensuring the success of the BU.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be highly driven and passionate with a track record of success. You will have managed large teams of people in the past and have had full responsibility for the P&L and above all you need to be really strong in the Sales and Business Development area to really maximise the business in Shanghai. Other attributes include:
* previous experience of managing a manufacturing organisation within the Consumer sector with a clear track record of growing the business.
* Ideally you will have experience of controlling multiple sites.
* responsibility and experience in Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance and the Supply Chain and Operations. You will have worked in multinational businesses and have reported into a senior level.
* industry experience in one or multiple sectors including: Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods, ecommerce or Retail. You will understand both the B2C and B2B markets and know where the opportunities for development are.
* interpersonally strong in running a business independently but also ability to influence at a very senior level to really get your point across. You will have Global contacts especially within the manufacturing arms who will want to see where you can add value.
* excellent Mandarin and English language skills.
You will be a high flyer who will really can move this business forwards, identify the high potential employees and come up with exciting plans for the business.
What's on Offer
An exceptional opportunity to work in a world class, global organisation and have your say about how one of their strategic markets is run and developed. A really important, exciting role.