General Manager - Contract Logistics - Greater China
Market leading logistic company
About Our Client
Our client is a German market leading logistic company. Due to thier expansion in their contract logistic business, they are looking for an industry expert to join their management team.
- Plan, direct and control the commercial, contractual and operational activities of the Contract Logistics of the Greater China
- Drive customer focus, through high quality service to local and network customers
- Joint budgeting and financial responsibility for contract logistics business (Growth, GP, EBT for contract logistics) with each Branch Manager
- Develop strategy on new warehouses and innovative logistics concepts with input from countries
- Optimize existing facilities in countries in regards to racking, storage and products
- Assess the external environment (competition, economic & industry trends, technology & innovation trends) and determine customer needs
- Review, improve and development of warehouse processes and software.
- Manage and develop a contract logistics team and functionally manage a virtual team around Greater China.
- Maintain and develop strong customer relationships through effective CRM and interaction with the Greater China sales teams
- Create global standard training material for operations and sales staff
- Maintain the quality assurance of operations along with implementing and advocating HSSE standards
- Provide support and/or accomplish ad hoc tasks as per management directives
- Maintain and ensure client profitability
The Successful Applicant
- In depth knowledge of contract logistics that includes handling, storage and distribution of various products and cargos (minimum/plus 5 year experience)
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, along with forecasting and analysing data and financial information to present a business case
- A sound understanding of all principles of transportation
- Strong analytical and mathematics skills
- High IT affinity to analyse systems and make use of them
- Entrepreneurial capability: willing to take risk, accountable, cost conscious, thinks strategically & appreciates a long-term development, highly engaging, innovative and liable in finding solutions for customers, inspires and convinces others.
- Leadership skills: Sets goals & gains commitment, encourages people to challenge themselves, recognizes effort and achievement, deals effectively with conflicts, has a sense of urgency, decisive, empathetic, has an open and inclusive communication style, builds and develops a diverse team
- Persistent, determined and has the resilience to achieve challenging goals which might take time
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to join a German MNC with attractive salary and benefits.