General Manager (Campus)
Famous bilingual school in Suzhou looking for experienced GM
Locally supported initiative
About Our Client
Our client is a leading education group already operating 15+ campus in the region .
GM is the de-facto COO of the school and is responsible for all operations of the school other than academic and pastoral care of the students and marketing & admissions, which are the responsibilities of the Headmaster.
GM will be the line manager of non-academic, non-pastoral care, non-marketing and admissions related functions.
Successful candidate shall fulfil the job content and perform the duties and responsibilities as below:
School Daily Operation Management
- Supervise all operation functions and operation staff, including operation assistants, receptionist, medical staff and outsourcing staff;
- Monitor performance of all operational staff under his/her supervision, and provide training to improve and standardize administration support staff capabilities;
- Allocate resources for logistical support when needed (school functions, PE, marketing etc.);
- Serve as the primary liaison to all school departments about the operation functions on campus.
- Be responsible for the site management work of the campus and properties, including but not limited to maintenance, renovations, and new projects.
- Manage the facility manager, who oversees management of campus outsourcing vendors including but not limited to catering, security, cleaning, facilities maintenance, bussing, campus sports fields and landscape maintenance and other third-party services; ensure ongoing monitoring and implementation of contracts; all aspects of lunch program/process for teachers.
Procurement and Inventory Management
- Oversea and supervise the procurement team on procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and inventory management;
- Review contract vendor requirements and compliance standards for school purchasing; Revise, renegotiate contract vendor agreements as necessary;
- Oversee and supervise purchasing policy and procedures including but not limited to pricing, competing bids, quality control and delivery;
Finance and budgeting
- Be responsible for school's overall finance to ensure a healthy and balanced budget of the school
- Manage the school's finance and accounting team
- Work with the group CFO and the Headmaster to produce budget plans
- Manage the IT director to set goals and manage objectives for IT staff including; network stability, e-mail, internet access and PBX stability for non-academic uses;
- Coordinate the IT components of new project development including school management and accounting software applications;
- Ensure IT staff provides timely and quality technical support;
- Take primary responsibility for IT budget planning with technical support from IT staff and educational support from the Headmaster / Headmistress;
- Assist the Headmaster / Headmistress and Chinese principal in communications during important parent meetings if needed
Government and partner relations
- Build and maintain good relationships with relevant government departments and school business partners
Other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
- Manage a well-integrated, directed and motivated finance, operations and administrative team to run day-to-day school operation activities;
- Provide school campus management and logistical support services to internal and school community customers. Guarantee fixed facilities meet group China standards, international school norms and PRC statutory requirements;
- Maintaining relations with the administrators and faculty that are conducive to good morale, unity, and collaborative teamwork
- Ensure the highest moral standards among the staff
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate should:
- Be defined by integrity, high moral standards, clear and open communication, and an understanding of the needs and interests of students, parents, staff, colleagues and the school;
- Be optimistic, confident, resilient, and have a well-developed sense of proportion and humour;
- Be entrepreneurial, hard-working, flexible, problem solving; understand the complexity of the job and the nature of a fast growing company
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and relates positively to colleagues, students, staff, parents;
- Be able to analyse complex issues, reach sound conclusions and resolve issues effectively;
- Have good financial and accounting skills
- Be able to respond to changing needs with vision and flexibility, and to translate vision into practical reality;
- Be aware of, respect and be able to bridge between both Chinese and western culture and work environment;
- Enjoy working under pressure in a fast paced environment with good time and pressure management;
- Be interested in shaping the school.
What's on Offer
You will be offered competitive salary and bonus package along with the opportunity to develop a start-up project support by local authorities.