General Manager (Based in China)
direct and monitor the overall strategic
achieve optimal financial performance and competitive position
About Our Client
- Our client is a highly diversified global group. Many of their core businesses can be found within the Asia Pacific region, where traditionally it's operations have centred on Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- The Group is headquartered in the UK. It is responsible for formulating and directing overall group strategy and provides a range of services including recruitment, employment and training of staff for the group and its subsidiaries. The group employs over 100,000 people worldwide.
- Establish and refine the organizational plans, structures and departmental responsibilities to optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness; recommend appointment for departmental management and delegate roles and responsibilities to ensure management development and succession.
- Review and evaluate the operational performance to determine adequacy in meeting organizational objectives, and identify areas of potential improvement, including but not limited to cost reduction, program enhancement, process re-engineering and policy change. Recommend and direct the implementation of corrective action plans for problems identified.
- Provide overall direction on development and investment activities, including overseeing the planning, pricing and marketing strategies to maintain optimal returns.
The Successful Applicant
- More than 15 years' relevant working experience from Bakery / FMCG / Retail industry
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in bakery industry is a definite advantage
- Previous working experience in China is a must
- Excellent market analytical skills and ability of resources integration
- Strong proven leadership skills and experience; ability to influence executives and leaders on a strategic level
- Change management expertise preferred
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
What's on Offer
- You'll experience diverse and challenging roles within different industries and locations that continue throughout your career
- During your career you'll also benefit from coaching and mentoring by our senior leaders, helping you discover your full potential.