Fundraising Administrator, Education NGO (up to 25k)
International reach and exposure
Stable working hours
About Our Client
Our client is one of the long established organisation where it works together with volunteer organizations across Greater China and the rest of Asia to foster connections between the collegiate university and alumni living in the region.
They are now looking for Fundraising Administrator to join their fun and exciting team!
- To support the development team in all aspects of their work.
- To develop and implement best practice systems for the smooth running of the team, such as donor reporting calendars, event calendars etc.
- To demonstrate excellent skills in the fundraising database, DARS, and help the China Office development team maintain best practice with DARS usage. Intensive DARS training will be provided in the beginning of the post holder's employment and ongoing training will be available.
- To produce monthly bespoke 'prospect pipelines' extracted from DARS as well as personalised pipelines for specific fundraising projects.
- To ensure that donor interactions, correspondence, gifts, meeting notes and other key information is appropriately entered in DARS and on the China Office shared drive,
- To manage travel arrangements, domestically and internationally, and to assist in the scheduling of appointments for the development team and preparing appropriate papers to support meetings.
- To produce documents using word processing and spreadsheets; to assist with mailings, correspondence, and note taking of meetings, and to ensure that this information is appropriately entered in the fundraising database, DARS, and/or the relevant Divisional network drives. Training will be given on DARS and the use of the network drives, and the Development Assistant will be expected to carry out entries and enquiries on the fundraising database.
- To provide some basic research support in English and Chinese for the development team, in consultation with the Research Manager as appropriate; to liaise with the Research Team to identify new prospective donors, and to provide accurate and helpful information on current and prospective donors in advance of prospect meetings and events.
- To act if appropriate in the place of the development team when they are absent or unavailable by responding to queries in a timely and efficient manner to maintain the smooth running of the operations and mindful of the complexity of internal and external relationships.
- To ensure a good working relationship between the development team and College fundraisers, divisional fundraisers and other development staff, and to promote the sharing of information, in line with agreed principles and protocols.
- To assist in dealing with the many influential people external to the University, including volunteers, and prospective and existing donors.
- To be closely involved in ensuring effective stewardship practices by ensuring all donors are acknowledged and thanked by providing assistance in the drafting of regular stewardship reports for the major donors.
- In consultation with the development team and the Manager, University Relations, have primary and/or day-to-day responsibility for all development events: forward planning, liaison with Events team and the Divisions, organisation and delivery.
- To carry out any other duties which are requested by the line manager and are commensurate with the grade of this post.
The Successful Applicant
- University graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience, ideally in a higher education or fundraising environment.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin and strong written Chinese
- An interest in UK higher education or educational fundraising
- Strong MS Office, Outlook and Chinese word processing skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers the following to the right candidate:
- 5 days work week, stable working hours from 9am-6pm
- 26 days AL
- Attractive remuneration package