Fund Accounting - Senior Associate
Great exposure to various Funds
About Our Client
My client is backed by a leading technology business with various business arms. They are headquartered out of the US and have utilise in house technology and systems integrated with clients for smooth operation and ease of use.
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare yearend audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the financial industry
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in audit and Financial statements preparation desired
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
- Experience with Advent Geneva preferred
What's on Offer
There is great progression and opportunity as well as a competitive package available for the successful candidate within a global company.