Facility Management - Institution
About Our Client
Our client is a non profit institution that is looking to aggressively expand their portfolio.
- Monitor, control and oversee the Laboratory Facility Management Service Team to ensure the laboratory infrastructures and dangerous goods operation are effectively and efficiently maintained, operated and controlled.
- Assess and perform routine evaluation of infrastructures and facilities setup for laboratories and make recommendations to ensure the provisions can meet the current authorities requirements and the international health and safety standards.
- Review, assess and make comment on the laboratory setup for laboratory tenant's lease application and make recommendations to in-house staff of other divisions for the lease approval consideration.
- Monitor, control and oversee the approval of laboratory layouts and facilities design for laboratory tenants, ensure the provisions can meet the health and safety requirements of authorities and international standard requirements.
- Provide expert advice on laboratory planning and design of the communal/shared laboratories and the SME laboratory centres. Lead in the design and construction of the in-house laboratories and monitor, control and oversee the completion of the facilitation works.
- Provide expert advice on preparation of the in-house design and fitting out guidelines for planning and construction of laboratories and related facilities and infrastructures meeting the latest laboratory standards requirements.
- Provide expert advice on preparation of in-house procedures and standard for laboratory inspection, control and policy making review.
- Monitor and oversee the routine inspection of laboratory facilities and setup by tenants including workplace, laboratory safety and security checking.
- Monitor and control the clean air issues including indoor air quality assessment and energy audit and provide recommendation on improvement and upgrading works.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Member of a recognised professional institute in the discipline of mechanical or building services engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Member of institution of health care and estate management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years of post-qualification and with minimum 10 years of experience in hospital and laboratory projects preferable.
- Experience in planning, risk assessment, design and operation of dangerous goods and biohazard laboratories and hospitals operation.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements and procedures for development projects in Hong Kong and knowledge of government procedures is preferred.
- Proficiency in project management / design related computer application software.
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
Successful candidate will be offered competitive benefit package and job stability.