Director of Operations
Famous international school is looking for experienced Operation Director
Great career path and work with outstanding colleagues
About Our Client
Our client is a leading education group already operating a campus in the region. The vision of this international school is makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
- To manage all aspects of school operations to support the senior management team
- To be responsible for the maintenance and efficient use of the school site and its buildings, ensuring that legal and safety requirements are met
- To function as line manager for associate staff
- To advise the senior management team on matters relating to premises, health & safety.
- To take delegated responsibility for the school premises following appropriate discussions with the senior management team.
- To provide support as relevant to the senior management team.
Be responsible for those aspects of administration of the School which do not relate to the teaching, supervision and pastoral care of students. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the efficient and effective running of the general office as one of the School's main points of public contact, as well as the centre of daily administration.
- Ensuring inventories of equipment and stock are maintained; all statutory and statistical returns are completed as appropriate;
- Ensure school transport requirements are met efficiently and effectively, with a view to both cost and safety.
Line Management Responsibilities
Be responsible for managing premises and all other associate staff. In the case of Information Technology, Science and Art personnel: not their interface with curriculum.
- Managing the staffing operation of the General Office and all administrative/caretaker staff.
- Motivating and facilitating teamwork and good practice in order to achieve excellent standards of service delivery.
- Overseeing support staff career development including the appraisal scheme and reviewing training requirements.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the support staff establishment to meet the needs of the school.
- Undertake such duties and work hours as agreed with the Principal and carry out duties as may be required from time to time as detailed by the Principal.
Be responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the buildings, facilities, grounds, fabric and furnishings of the school, working with the senior management team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead on compiling, and implementing, a Premises Development Plan including energy conservation;
- Through regular contact with the maintenance staff ensuring the proper maintenance and repair of the School is carried out, and progress monitored.
- Ensuring the appropriate placing and monitoring of all service contracts including cleaning and catering;
- Advising on all Health & Safety matters, including measures in the event of emergencies.
- Appraise projects for the development of the School.
- To be responsible to the senior management team for the security, maintenance, heating/air-conditioning, cleaning and other general site services within the premises.
- To deal with external agencies, delivering services to the School and to deal with all aspects of tendering including compulsory, competitive tendering.
- Purchase, repair and maintenance of all furniture, equipment and fittings.
Health & Safety
- To formulate, monitor, implement and review the School's Health & Safety policy including the introduction of all Risk Assessment procedures.
- To advise all staff as appropriate.
- To report to the senior management team on Health & Safety.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be expected to manage the School operations, construction, property maintenance, security, food services and general administration etc
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree in management, human and physical resource management or equally relevant area
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in operations, construction, property maintenance, security, food services and general administration or equally relevant area in China
- Proven success in leading a comparable organization at middle management level
- Demonstrable budgeting expertise
- Proven experience as a planner and implementer
- The ability to make and implement decisions while building a team
- Strong management, negotiation and communication skills. In particular the candidate should be able to communicate effectively, in both English and Chinese, with people from diverse backgrounds, including foreign and Chinese staff, students, parents and contractors
- Understanding of the Chinese government authorities with which the School interacts on a regular basis
- Prior administrative experiences in an international educational institution would be an asset
What's on Offer
You will be offered competitive salary and bonus package along with the opportunity to develop a start-up project support by local authorities.