Director of Human Resources
Great opportunity to grow in Greater bay area
Promising career path with competitive compensation and benefit
About Our Client
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is seeking a seasoned professional to provide leadership and strategic support to foster the successful start-up and smooth operation of the to-be-built CityU Campus in Greater Bay Area (GBA Campus). The appointee will be required to station and work in Greater Bay Area.
- Take the lead in the formulation, development and implementation of the overall human resources policies and practices for the setup of the new Campus; the initial key areas for development may include staffing and pay structure, compensation and benefits, performance and reward management, training and development as well as personnel data administration;
- Responsible for talent search, and oversee the recruitment of staff for the new Campus;
- Work closely with CityU in HK to ensure the policies and practices in alignment with the University's strategic direction and requirements; business travelling to CityU's Kowloon Tong campus is required;
Maintain good relationship with the local and provincial government to secure support and meet expectations;
- Provide strategic professional advice on human resources management, and ensure proper governance in compliance with the statutory requirements in the Mainland China;
- Collaborate with concerned offices/units in the new Campus and Kowloon Tong Campus to achieve the defined goals and objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- A university degree, and preferably with a relevant qualification;
- At least 15 years' human resources experience at senior management level, preferably in the education or related sectors, and familiarity with the Mainland labour legislation;
- Proven track record in green field operations in the Mainland;
- Strong strategic thinking and planning abilities, with high motivation to achieve the set goals;
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with high proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including simplified Chinese) and fluency in Putonghua;
- Demonstrated leadership with sound judgement and high integrity.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with the appointee's qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be on contract, renewable subject to mutual agreement. It will be a Mainland appointment offered in accordance with the local labour legislation.