Director, Distribution Compliance
About Our Client
My client is a Global investment and wealth management platform which has sen double digit growth in Q3 and a very strong performance this year. Originating from North America this business is forward thinking and a great brand to grow and develop.
- Assist other monitoring teams to harmonise testing protocols to reinforce Global Standards
- Develop internal systems-generated exception reports to enhance/facilitate testing and review requirements
- Complete timely documentation of test findings, and prepare Management, Committee, and Board reporting materials/presentations.
- Develop forensic, periodic and transactional testing protocols and documentation templates for use by members of the team.
- Develop and Conduct compliance assessments designed to identify and assess regulatory, compliance and business risks to which the company is exposed, including those related to portfolio management, trading, personal trading, and supervisory structure and oversight
- Develop and Perform targeted reviews and discreet assessments which independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness, and effectiveness of monitoring and testing function
- Effectively manage the Compliance Assessment program to support the various legal entity Adviser CCOs' annual compliance review and reporting requirements
- Actively participate in cross functional Risk Management Working Group Meeting
- Prepare and Update the Annual Risk Inventory, including potential Conflicts of Interest
- Develop documentation for new, complex or higher risk business processes (flowcharting, risk and control mapping)
- Consult with senior management to develop corrective action plans to enhance control environment, while maintaining a balance between risk-mitigation and operational efficiency (record action plans in Archer system).
- Maintain Compliance Assessment & Testing Sharepoint site as central repository for key testing documentation, regulatory exam responses, internal audits, and third-party independent reviews
- Identify emerging risks associated with new products and strategic initiatives
- Review/Assess emerging compliance matters and ensure submission of required data into the Archer Reporting and Tracking System
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management, Business Unit/ Compliance Leads, Operational Risk, Internal Audit and Global Compliance Office
- Assist in recruitment, training and development for current and future team members
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in financial or business-related field, or equivalent
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CFA, CIA, CRCM or CPA preferred
- A minimum of 8 + years work experience in the financial services industry, compliance, risk, audit or a related area are required, 4- 5 years of which in a supervisory capacity
- The candidate should be highly motivated, self-confident, energetic, have an inquisitive mind, and be controls conscious
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments/projects with competing priorities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team are critical
- Attention to detail and computer literacy (knowledge of Word, Excel , Visio, Powerpoint, and similar tools) and familiarity with Bloomberg. Knowledge of data analytics tools such as Python, R a plus
- Ability to recommend appropriate change in a diplomatic, professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of current auditing and testing techniques/industry standards
- Familiarity with compliance/trading systems (e.g. Bloomberg, Charles River, PTCC), research systems and/or data management systems (e.g. Access, Business Objects) a plus.
- Prior experience in compliance unit working on trade surveillance, investment guideline monitoring, securities law, and asset management
What's on Offer
A very competitive package and opportunity to build the teams function in a rapidly growing business here in Hong Kong.