Director Content Protection
Responsible for overall Content Protection
Working with the largest studios in US
About Our Client
The Motion Pictures Association is an American trade association representing the five major film studios of the United States, as well as the video streaming service Netflix. Their goal is promoting effective copyright protection, reducing piracy and expanding market access and it has long worked to curb copyright infringement including peer-to-peer file sharing and streaming from private sites.
The Content Protection Director will be assisting the Vice President Content Protection APAC in executing the global content protection strategy including setting and implementing the specific strategy for China.¡¡ Working closely with MPA member content protection representatives, you will be identifying local trends on how Internet users are consuming film and television content online and monitoring and reporting distribution trends. Other responsibilities include:
* Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with key Chinese intermediaries including hosting service providers, payment processors, advertising entities, domain name registrars and social networks.
* Build effective relationships with China based partners from local commercial entities and the relevant Chinese law enforcement representatives.
* Conducting in depth OSINT investigations of priority targets and operators.
* Preparation of site/app investigation reports and online scrapes for intelligence gathering.
* Understand detailed forensic analysis of online content, including reviewing infrastructure of online platforms and sites.¡¡
* Regular liaison with content protection enforcement divisions to stay abreast of content protection developments and coordinate actions.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an education background and/or prior employment experience in content protection strategy, law enforcement (high tech crime/Internet investigations), computer science, digital media, media research or equivalent. Ideally having enforcement experience, you will have a strong and highly technical understanding of the relationship between ISPs, domain names, IP addresses, and hosting providers, and technical infrastructure of such online resources. Other attributes include:
* Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information.¡¡
* Fluency in both Mandarin and English
* Demonstrated expertise in generating reports, assembling presentations and managing large data sets.¡¡
* Experience generating and manipulating large datasets while maintaining a high level of accuracy.¡¡
* Ability to swiftly search the Internet, navigate complex websites and manipulate online media files.¡¡
* Strong and highly technical experience with online content distribution methods, including streaming video, online file hosting and peer-to-peer sharing.¡¡
Understanding website analytics, illegal digital distribution models e.g streaming protocol technologies, social media piracy, and all forms of other popular forms of piracy¡¡
Strong ability to clearly communicate complex project elements, including technological processes and statistical analysis, to a wide range of audiences.¡¡
Strong ability to draft highly technical and/or detailed business reports, with little oversight, in a professional and organized manner for MPA Executives and member studios.¡¡
Advanced work ethic and creative problem-solving skills¡¡
Demonstrated experience distilling research on highly technical, complex subjects into easily digested and actionable business reports.
What's on Offer
A great role based either in Hong Kong or Beijing