Director of Concept Design - High-end Development (Vietnam)
Expanding Luxury Residential Developer (HCMC, Vietnam)
Talented Concept Architect Leader with International Experience
About Our Client
The client is an expanding luxury residential developer, headquartered in Hochiminh City Vietnam and aim to be the leader in their market. Their growing portfolio across the country in high end residential and mixed-use development calls for an expanding team of experts with international experience aiming to build up standards of process, quality and customer care. With the customer service and experience at the core value of the business, the client is looking to shift the development scene in Vietnam.
The Director of Concept Design will be reporting directly to the Head of Design and managing internal and external relationships related to projects.
He/She will drive implementation of all Architectural and Landscape Concept design activities for the expanding portfolio, and together with the multiple-disciplinary design team will be contributing in building up design processes, standards & regulations and ultimately ensure a clear road map towards outputs of high quality in line with international standards.
He/She will also be in charge of aligning his section with the company's overall business model and objectives and ultimately develop a distinguishable design identity for the client's brand name.
The Key accountabilities includes:
1. External Design Work
- Assist the HOD & director of design management (DDM) in drafting of project design brief, zoning and functional requirements of each project
- Coordinate with Project Director in preparation of RFP and evaluation of Technical proposals and recommendation to select Consultants
- Together DDM developing and monitor consultant progress against the Project Design Management Plan (PDMP) for each project
- Manage all related design matters of projects from Initiation to Completion and ensure design direction is generally aligned with the cost budget and segment standards
- Manage the preparation, delivery and final submissions of Design Stage Reports for attaining the Design Stage Gateway Approvals from the Chairman and EXCO in accordance with Design Management Processes (DMP)
- Provide input and support with managing Risk registry and coordinate resolution for each project
- Provide input and facilitate BOD approval process
2. In-House Design work
It is expected the Concept Design team to undertake projects using in-house capabilities once internal capabilities are developed and resources/ team is ready. This would involve developing full Architectural Concept for each projects to follow through to completion, supporting Marketing Department in preparing for launch campaign as well as support Real Estate Department in pre-concept design feasibility and assessment for new developments.
3. Internal Department Relation and Coordination
- Act as the point of contact & the representative of concept design section with DDM and other internal departments attending to queries, providing information and resolving any design related issues
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure design work is executed in alignment with overall project vision and expectations
- Closely working with HOD, Marketing and Sales Department to capture project vision, targeted customer and setting time-line for marketing materials in alignment with overall project programme.
4. Building and Developing Department Standards and Processes
- Assist HOD in developing Department Standards and Processes including Design Development Plan, standard documentation, design manual, checklists, statutory guidelines, lesson learnt, market trend watch and consultants/supplier list, etc
5. Team Building and Development
- Advocate & cultivate a culture of continuous improvements, transparency, accountability and cooperation within the department and with other internal departments
- Responsible for developing his/her team including defining a clear scope of work for each person within the team, and the level of responsibilities assigned to them, setting career road-map for each members, setting up periodic training and continuously mentoring and coaching team members
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate shall be an expert in his/her field, passionate about design and continuously thrive for new ideas. The client is looking for a resourceful, self-driven and proactive team player who can work independently with minimum supervision and a leader, able to build rapport and inspire people.
He/She shall possess a Bachelor Degree or higher in Architecture and excellent knowledge in international standards, building systems, building codes, regional design guidelines and methods of design optimisation.
The client is looking for regional experience and proven track record from reputable design firms working on mixed-use developments. Experience with a developer is a plus.
In a dynamic environment, the candidate is required to learn quickly, show resourcefulness, cooperation and accountability, think strategically and execute tactically.
Knowledge of BIM is an advantage.
What's on Offer
The client is offering generous remuneration package to enable the right candidate to relocate, settle and thrive for long term success with the firm.
The successful candidate will join a high performing team of esteem international experts, driving for product excellent and shifting the real estate market in Vietnam.