Devops Service Lead
Work Life Balance
About Our Client
Founded in 19 century to finance trade between Asia and the West, today the company is one of the world's leading banking and financial services organisations serving more than 38 million customers worldwide.
Role Purpose / Description
- Embed IT Service Management disciplines into the day to day activities of the Cross Functional Team(CFT)
- Involve all aspects of service delivery, 24/7 operations, Event Management, Incident and Problem Management, Change and Release Management, in a DevOps environment
- Prioritize CFT effort on supporting high priority Live Customer impacting incidents over ¡®backlog items¡¯
- Work with global support/platform teams (e.g. HIT, Technical Platform etc) helping to coordinate service restoration and avoidance of outages
- Support the CFT with the transition of services into live environments using the License to Operate (LtO) framework
- Ensure that Service Operability requirements are given appropriate focus throughout the development and operations lifecycle
- Ensure that the CFT is adequately resourced and trained to successfully support the live service/s as per Business requirements
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure that technical debt is addressed through prioritization of the backlog/workstack items
- Attend and contribute to the Service Quality Management Forum to identify continual service improvement opportunities, share good practice and common issues¡¡
- Responsible for completing actions arising from audit and control reviews
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge or experience in Java, Spring Framework, Web Service
- Knowledge or experience in Enterprise Integration Platform (EIP) and API design with implementation experience on any ESB tools (e.g. IIB , Mule, MQ, SpringBoot).
- Knowledge or experience in PaaS/IaaS ¨CPivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Mule API gateway
- Strong management ability and communication to IT employees
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at both technical and managerial levels
- Able to make trusted and unbiased judgments
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience of working in agile, lean and cloud environments
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management
- Ability to work in fast moving, highly demanding digital service environment
Candidates will also need to demonstrate
- Knowledge or experience of DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Splunk, Jira/Confluence, AppD, Docker, Kubernetes
- ITIL Operations / Service Management
- Strong Web based application development and production support / service recovery experience (preferably in banking / financial domain)
- Good understanding of APM tools e.g. Splunk, AppDynamics
What's on Offer
Our client offers a truly global perspective that few other employers can match, along with extensive opportunities to learn and develop your skills;
Learning and Development: Our training and development programmes will help you to improve your skills and achieve your career goals.
Culture and community: Find out about Group¡¯s values-based, open and inclusive culture and our approach to diversity.
Offer: We offer a market-competitive package of pay and benefits to support employees' professional and personal needs.