Corporate Controller, Hospitality - San Francisco
Position in a public company with global footprint
Senior Finance position with a reputable company
About Our Client
Our client is a public company listed on HK stock exchange with business across the globe. They are looking for a seasoned Finance professional to join their management team to oversee 3 hotel operations in the North America.
Report to Executive Director on financials of the hotels and make recommendations to improve hotel profitability. Serve as primary contact for all hotel financial and accounting-related issues with Corporate Offices in HK and Singapore, auditors (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Finance & Accounting department to prepare accurate financial report
- Responsible for the annual operating budget and provide analytical support during budget review to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Be the business partner to support sales strategy meetings, review rates and recommend rate strategy to the Board.
- Ensure compliance by maintaining accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures
Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems, maintain records for internal and external audits, ensure compliance with government regulations, and contractual agreements.
- Manage hotel contract
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
The Successful Applicant
Degree holder in Accounting/ Finance. At least 8 years in hotel accounting in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of hotel accounting duties such as processing payroll, performing asset management duties, provide business projections, filing tax returns, etc. Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred.
You will be a proactive, motivated individual with ethics. Great communication skills and proficiency in English is required.
You will be mobile to travel throughout North America.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in North America. Senior Finance position with a Hospitality group with great platform for career advancement.