CIO - PRC Financial Services Firm
Internal IT Advisory/ IT Transformation Consultant
Right for candidate with PRC FS IT experience
About Our Client
My client is a fast-growing financial services clients which their business portfolio includes private equity, direct investment, asset management, corporate finance, securities, insurance etc. They have new investors who joined few months ago and have been very active in the market. They now have a Head of IT in place who is taking care more on the operational/ execution side of IT projects and they are keen to look for a more senior CTO to head up the department in order to set up strategies and other Tech plans to support to on-going growth of the business. This new GM of IT needs to be pretty practical and hands-on in a way to lead them team in delivery and execution as well.
- Work with the C-level executives on the IT strategic planning, IT direction
- Work as an internal advisory/ consultant to evaluate situation; identify potential problem or potential growing potential thus propose relevant solutions to support
- Bring in new technology and identify up-to-date technology trends which are relevant to adopt for the company
- Establish strategies and design the implementation plans for the Technology team (including application, infrastructure and operation)
- Set up best practice, policies and procedures to comply with the statutory requirements
- Oversee IT operation, support, architecture, application development and service management
- Propose key IT projects and provide recommendation on the best approaches on various actions and resources management etc.
- Responsible for IT budgets, resources planning, vendor selection and controls
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree/ Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of IT experience, including recent 8 to 10 years as a Deputy IT Head/ Associate IT Director at a financial services company or IT Consultancy/ Advisory role at a sizable consultancy firm serving securities/ private equity/ investment firms
- Candidate must have strong previous China/ PRC IT management experience in a FSI
- All-round technical background in system architecture, servers, networks (infrastructure), front office trading systems and market making systems as well as stock exchanges connectivity, algo-trading and other interface system for settlements etc.
- Previous track record in dealing with regulators such as HKMA and SFC etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills are required
- Strong business sense, visionary and with passionate in driving success
- Speak and write fluent English and Chinese
What's on Offer
A very attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate. This CTO position will be reporting into a Business Partner.