Chief Digital Officer
Great opportunity to work with a leading Machinery company Distributor
Work closely with the CEO to design the digital strategy for China market
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Conglomerate with 5 core businesses across the Asian and International Markets, they have grown to now operate in 130 Cities across 11 markets. This particular position sits within the Machinery division; one of the World's largest dealer in the machinery brand. With an annual revenue of US$2.5 billions across East/North China and Taiwan, the organisation continues to grow in the Asia market.
- Analyse the current Digital strategy and set up across the region and assess where this needs to be changed to align the business with best practice and the newest channels;
- Looking at the current Digital channels that are being utilised (WeChat, Weibo, own developed APP etc… and understand how the information is being perceived by the market, making changes where necessary and employing new routes;
- Looking at how the company is engaging with customers through these platforms (both B2B and B2C models) and look at what improvements need to be made;
- Digital Footprint: where is the company currently getting the information from both the Machinery and Engine Bus; how is this being gathered, what issues are there currently, and how does the business analyse this to get the most useful information from it;
- Produce, generate new ideas with regards to Digital strategy and be the spokesperson across the business both internally and externally;
- Develop your own team of Digital experts as well as taking a hugely active role with the IT team where cross over is necessary;
- Rationalising the various systems in place across ERP, Accounts and Supply Chain to create a more effective working environment;
- Work closely with the overall group of companies to ensure that the Digital strategy is aligned across these different businesses;
- Responsible for creating business plans and getting approval from CEO level on new initiatives and tools where capital investment is necessary;
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-range planning on the potential for the Digital team and be able to quantify the impact that this will have in real terms to the business;
- Take part in corporate events, as well as taking an active role in training and development of the team as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a deep understand of China and have working in a senior capacity in Digital in the China market. You will understand the trends, take an avid interest in the newest technology and initiatives and be constantly able to adapt to this rapidly changing environment;
- Ideally a background in CAPEX based organisation; a clear understanding of the different customer needs and how to really get them involved in the company. Ideally, you will have worked across both B2C and B2B businesses;
- Previous roles working up to Board level with an ability to look across a whole organisation and create bespoke strategy where necessary;
- Experience in both Digital Marketing for Communication and Branding as well as a background in Digital Footfall and Analysis; track record of turning customer data into useful and tangible information to help the business grow and improve;
- Proven track record of developing and growing a Digital team, able to look at the organisation and quickly assess what is needed in terms of change and personnel;
- Great stakeholder engagement skills and, through your passion, able to get buy-in from all levels on why this Digital transformation is so important;
- Also able to work in a technical environment; previous experience of working or owning an IT operation would be a plus;
- Leadership and recognised organisational skills;
- Comfortable communicating across functions and to all levels of stakeholders;
- Entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, pro-active and engaging.
- Ability to travel;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is essential;
- Interest in belonging to a purpose-driven organisation with a high-level of commitment to impact our social mission.
What's on Offer
- Be the first senior key person to design and implement the digital strategy for China market;
- Competitive package.