Category Manager - Perfumes and Cosmetics / Fashion
Reporting to the Merchandising Director
Well-established travel retail company
About Our Client
The Shilla Duty Free is a progressive and fast growing travel retailer who have built a strong following through their merchandise offering across brands in fashion, jewellery, cosmetics, perfumes and watches. Their first store was opened in Seoul, Korea in 1985 and more recently they have significantly expanded their international division, across Singapore, Thailand and now Hong Kong. They will launch their Hong Kong stores across beauty and fashion at HK International Airport in December and have just commenced hiring for their core leadership team to join.
This role reports into the Merchandising Director and will be responsible for the performances of the Perfumes and Cosmetics OR Fashion category in view of growing profitability and sustainability. Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible to lead and manage a portfolio of brands from forecasting to OTB, buying, stock management and store's brands performance
- Be involved in joint business planning reviews, brands listing and de-listing, lead portfolio performance analytics
- Manage and outline portfolio merchandising strategies including assortment, pricing, exclusiveness, maximizing sales and trade margins/profits
- Work closely with the Merchandising Director to design and create an attractive and robust brand mix to create a unique shopping experience for customers
- Oversee brand management, vendor's negotiations, manage trade terms including space/location and collaborating with brand partners on marketing promotions
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a category management or merchandising position
- Proven track record in managing a portfolio of brands, preferably in perfumes and cosmetics OR luxury fashion OR in a retail/FMCG environment
- Prior experience in Travel Retail is a plus
- Strong business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, self-driven and results oriented
- Outgoing, dependable, pro-active and team player with a can-do attitude
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the set-up of this company in Hong Kong. The Shilla Duty Free prides itself on passion, expertise and 'making it happen'. Be part of the project.
Please connect with the contacts and job references above. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.