- strong business partnership role with a team of 20 people
- succsion plan to Greater China CFO
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top players in the business service sectors with 4-5 established business lines. As one of the major market players both in China and globally, our client enjoys a great reputation for its specialisation and strong professionalism in what they do. The business is managed by highly competent commercial executives from the industry. Due to business growth strategy, they are looking to bring in a very capable business finance director to help achieve business goals.
Managing a team of around 20 people, the business finance director will cover financial planning and analysis as well as commercial finance. The essential duties include:
1. Successfully leading the business unit financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and provide support when required to the central finance operations team for month-end close and reporting processes.
2. Partner with Greater China CFO, Regional finance teams to successfully develop budgets and forecasts, understand business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions.
3. Collaborate with business executives to quantify the financial impact of operational risks and opportunities. Successfully incorporate insights into budgets, forecasts and long range plans.
4. Drive coordination and execution of qualitative and quantitative strategic, decision support analyses, and advise senior management on insights and recommended actions.
5. Develop effective performance metrics that drive timely business decisions and the ability to achieve performance targets.
6. Identify and implement changes that improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making.
7. Make decisions with limited guidance, within a complex business environment, to drive insightful, fact based recommendations to Greater China Executive Committee.
8. Lead the business unit FP&A team of Managers and Analysts, ensuring the great level of effectiveness and continued skill development within the team.
9. Highly motivated finance director who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization.
The Successful Applicant
The key requirements are:
1. 8-10 years of Financial Planning experience with expanded responsibilities in a large MNC.
2. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders.
3. Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate results with senior executives and internal business partners.
5. Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical capabilities.
6. Proven track record in structuring, managing and coordinating complex cross functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders.
7. Desire to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
8. System savvy individual, strong financial modeling capability, highly proficient in excel, power point and financial planning systems.
What's on Offer
You will work with a highly respected GM from the industry with excellent business acumen; Succession plan to the Greater China CFO role in the future; open and commercial culture.