Associate - Wealth Management Compliance - Tier 1 Private Bank
Tier 1 Bank
About Our Client
Michael Page have been engaged by a Global Private Bank to recruit an Associate into their PWM Compliance department.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this is an exciting appointment to coincide with the continued growth of the division and wider APAC operations.
The role holder will provide advice
* Assist the Head of Compliance in managing the regulatory risk of the bank
* Assist the Compliance Manager in executing Compliance related monitoring plan, measures and controls in Hong Kong.
* Perform periodic Compliance monitoring and review to ensure that the operation of PWM business is run to relevant regulatory requirements.
* Identify and escalate internal weaknesses / exceptions / discrepancies to Head of Compliance and Compliance Manager in a prompt and properly manner.
* Propose remedial actions / recommendations with detailed timeframe.
* Monitor and implement relevant action plans as needed.
* Assist the Compliance Manger to provide advices to the business for regulatory matters.
* Assist the Compliance Manger to conduct training to enhance staff's risk awareness on internal controls and regulatory changes.
* Assist the team in carrying out other regulatory functions as required by the Head of Compliance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will hold the following experience;
*Minimum 3 years experience in the legal or compliance function of a bank (preference in private banking or wealth management industry)
*Have a good knowledge of HKMA/SFC rules/regulations in Hong Kong
*Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and practices
*Proficiency in English and Chinese, Mandarin speaking a plus
What's on Offer
In return, this is an exemplary opportunity to join a Tier 1 organisation. With a highly competitive salary and benefits scheme, this role will attract high interest. Please apply promptly with an up to date CV, or alternatively call Neil Mehaffey on +852 2848 9517.