Assistant Category Manager (Travel Retail - Airline)
About Our Client
Our client is a progressive and fast growing travel retailer who have built a strong following through their merchandise offering across brands in cosmetics, perfumes and electronics etc. Recently they have significantly expanded their international division. They are looking for candidate with dynamic personality with high caliber to join them as Assistant Category Manager.
- Contact with one of the key clients within the airline industry, owning the category managment area and engaging with senior stakeholders to provide strategic reports and insights into retail market.
- Develop and outline portfolio merchandising strategies including assortment, pricing, exclusiveness, maximizing sales and trade profits.
- Lead and manage brands portfolio from budget forecasting, buying, stock management and brands performance.
- Optimize overall product and category mix
- Monitoring performance, plan-actual comparisions and derive appropriate measures.
- Be involved in joint business planning reviews, brands listing and de-listing, lead portfolio performance analytics.
- Market observations (Shopper, market and competition analysis) and comparison with the own sales data.
- Oversee brand management, negotiate and determine selling prices and target costs on the basis of predetermined parameters
The Successful Applicant
- 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- Relevant degree qualified, preferably in Marketing or related disciplines.
- Developing, implementing and performing an appropriate quality and performance.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of brands, preferably fragrances, beauty and electronics.
- Experience in Travel Retail is a plus.
- Strong business acumen, communication and interpersonal skill.
- Fluent English oral and written.
- Knowledge of the airline retail industry is a must.
What's on Offer
Please connect with the contacts and job references above. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.