AM/M - Asset Liability Management
Growing International Invesmtnet Manager
About Our Client
My client is re-branding as an International Investment Manager transitioning from an Asset Manager to ensure their global client base is best positioned to grow and help various types of clients. With a great name reputation in the market and a global reach this client offers great exposure and opportunity.
- Working in a global team and closely with the team in North America to review ALCO and various risk and investment reports.
- Monitor asset mix/quality/duration against approved benchmarks and recommend remedial actions on violations.
- Support and lead initiatives as necessary to deliver higher risk-adjusted returns for Asia Business Units
- Manage projects in the implementation of investment strategies and tactical decisions for Asia Business Units
- Support development and implementation of interest rate risk management programs for the local Asia divisions
- Provide guidance to key stakeholders (Business Units, Risk, Group Finance Actuarial) on ALM and market risk related issues.
- Work efficiently with various stakeholders across the business in various locations
- Support other ALM teams in the development and execution of investment strategies, various reporting requirements and other ad-hoc projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong exposure to taking ownership of multiple projects and somebody who is undeterred by challenges/obstacles and will remain motivated and apply creative thinking to overcome them.
- Has credibility and presence amongst peers and senior management through strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Can communicate clearly and succinctly on technical and business matters.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a team environment and across multiple disciplines and time zones
- ASA with investment experience, or Masters in a quantitative discipline, or CFA/PRM/FRM, or other relevant risk management designation
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a financial risk management or in an investment environment
- Strong knowledge of fixed income and alternative investments, derivatives, ALM, and asset and liability modelling
What's on Offer
My client offers a very competitive package with flexibility and an opportunity to be part of a truly global team.