Schlumberger has established a centralized Financial Hub in Kuala Lumpur as part of our bold global plan to elevate the financial support to the business in the countries we operate.
The activities of the Financial Hub include:
- Traditional accounting and finance processes (fixed assets, inventory, intercompany)
- Roles that require close interaction with finance and operations management – requiring higher levels of business knowledge, interpersonal skills and quality management / judgment (preparation of financial results, management reporting, forecasting)
- Roles in fiscal and statutory account preparation that require knowledge of local GAAP requirements and interaction with statutory auditors and tax advisors
- In the Treasury space, roles include global cash management and utilization of derivatives to manage liquidity and currency exposure.
The Financial Hub offers many benefits:
- To elevate the roles of the controlling and tax personnel in the business units
- To provide borderless resource management within the Hub
- The ability to offer structured career progression
- A focal point for driving continuous process improvement.