Email to a friend |
Back to search results
Job category :
Engineering & Manufacturing -
QC & Manufacturing Partner Manager (China)
- People-facing position with excellent opportunities for career progression
- Great opportunity in stable foreign company
About Our Client
Neptune is a leading manufacturer of beautifully crafted furniture and accessories for the whole home based in Swindon Wiltshire UK. Established in 1996, they are a unique and energetic company who have achieved sustained growth over the past decade within a competitive market. They are looking for a QC & Manufacturing Partner Manager based in either the Guangzhou or Shanghai region of China.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of head office strategies to ensure standards are met within the supply chain and assisting in manufacturing partner management through Quality Control and Product Development.
- To manage all Quality Control functions in China, ensuring all stock is manufactured to agreed standards and every consignment is checked by the team for quality and delivery as per the specification sheet.
- To ensure shortcomings in quality standards are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Work closely with the UK QC Manager to determine and deliver the ongoing staffing requirements of the QC team in line with the business plan.
- Manage the 3rd Party QC teams on a day to day basis.
- Assist with product sourcing and product development in conjunction with the UK Head office team.
- Identify new suppliers for Neptune products where required - meeting company standards of quality, material, capacity, price, ethics and delivery. Carry out ethical and quality audits on any new potential manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to establish and maintain service levels in terms of standards of quality, capacity, price, ethics and delivery, taking remedial action as appropriate.
- Visit manufacturing partners when required to investigate delivery schedule issues.
- Manage all OTIF targets i.e. 90% on time shipments.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing partner to identify opportunities to reduce MOQ and product lead-times. Closely monitor the product development process to ensure samples are delivered on time and to the standards required.
- Feedback to UK office all ideas/suggestions to refine designs and improve quality.
The Successful Applicant
- Fluent English both written and verbal.
- Fluent Putonghua (Standard Mandarin).
- Degree standard of education.
- I.T. literate.
- Previous management experience within a multi site operation.
- Product development and manufacturing experience.
- Experience in sourcing and developing product in the Far East, especially mainland China.
- Experience in ethical standards.
- Experience in timber trading laws and standards.
- Experience in team management and recruitment.
- Experience in quality control.
What's On Offer
- This job could be based in Foshan or Shanghai.
- This is a very challenging role and requires the ability to adapt in a fast moving business.
- A competitive salary is negotiable depending on experience, along with a comprehensive relocation package.
Apply for this job
Apply online using the form below or phone Shenglan Liu on +86 20 2338 5700 quoting jobref H1452260
Apply for this job