You are here
Sourcing Manager - Food (Japan & Korea Market)
- New Start Up - Retail & Ecommerce Food Business
- Well-funded company
About Our Client
Our client is an exciting business with a cross-border e-commerce platform that source and sells products from Hong Kong to Mainland China. Currently they are hiring for a very experienced purchasing manager with strong network in Japan & Korea, who can help develop the business with a adventurous heart.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will proactively go out and about to source new food suppliers in Japan and Korea markets; across confectionery, snacks, dry goods etc. You will be responsible for the purchasing of food products from both China and overseas market (such as Japan and Korea). You will understand the market trend well and advise appropriate food sourcing strategies to senior stakeholders whilst negotiate with a fine-selected list of suppliers for the best priced and attractive products. Frequent travel will be expected with this role.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Degree holder in food science, supply chain or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years related food sourcing experience
- Strong network in countries such as Japan and Korea
- Experience in food sourcing is a must
- Prior start up experience and a adventurous heart highly regarded
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese required
What's on Offer
New headcount within an pioneering business. Managerial position with strong focus in food sourcing, in particular the Japanese and Korean market.